Wednesday, November 17, 2004

"Oh, so they have the internet on computers now?"

Welcome to the Internet my friend.
Welcome to the 21st Century.

After months of unemployment and days of twiddling my thumbs, I decided to join the rest of the world in this strange LiveJournal/Blogging craze. Because, like most self-absorbed people, I'm under the delusion that people will care about what I think. I've been told by a friend that when "doing a blog you'll feel slightly psychotic and become very aware of the fact that you are talking to yourself; this is normal."

Since I have lots of time on my hands, in the coming months you might find movie reviews, trite complaints, insightful comments, drunken ramblings, and other typical Blog-type stuff on here. So without, further adieu, let's begin with a little bit of jealousy.

This past summer, as many of you know, I had an internship in Los Angeles and, well, loved it. I was one of only four people in my internship group from UNC to return to North Carolina, and the only reason the other three came back was because they were juniors and needed to graduate. Everyone else who had already graduated, like me, stayed to find jobs and work in Hollyweird. Everyone but me.

Yesterday I was notified by one of my friends that she had just shaken hands with Mel Gibson. Mr. Braveheart himself. Mad Max. The Lethal Weapon. Sure, it's no biggie, but it's enough to make me wish I was there to do the same. Ah well, all in good time I suppose.

There. That wasn't so bad. I can get used to this. Till tomorrow boys and girls...
--Cbake

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously though, nice beginning. Just don't get bored of it 2 weeks from now.
-Rome (yeah I can sign with a nickname too!!!!)

P.S. Step 2, start spamming your blog to your buddy list

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home