Thursday, September 03, 2009

Dragon*Con, here I come!

A few months ago I submitted the short film I made last year, "Zombie Hunters", to the Dragon*Con Independent Film Festival in Atlanta, Georgia. From what I've been told, Dragon*Con is like the east coast version of Comic-Con, albeit with less studio interference and with more people dressed in crazy costumes.

Well, "Zombie Hunters" got accepted and will have three screenings throughout the weekend. So I got a free pass to the entire Con, and I'm excited. This will be my first Dragon*Con experience, and something tells me I am woefully underprepared for just how intimidating and huge and fun and exciting this will be.

And the list of celebrities in attendance! Here are a few of the ones I'm excited about seeing:

William Shatner
Leonard Nimoy
Patrick Stewart
Kate Mulgrew
Brad Dourif
Charisma Carpenter
Malcolm McDowell
Terry Gilliam
Mc Chris
Thomas Dekker
Peter S Beagle
Peter Mayhew
Doug Jones
Doug Bradley
Eric Roberts
Anthony Daniels
Michael Biehn

Needless to say, I can't wait. I'm spending the day running errands and trying to pack and make sure I bring everything that I need. I'll try and update if I ever get the chance to do so, and bring you pictures and interesting experiences. I hope "Zombie Hunters" is well received and that we have a great weekend! I'm sure we will, just looking at the overwhelming schedule of events!

--Cbake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home