Tuesday, November 30, 2004

"Those who do evil to others, you will come to know me well..."

Got VIGILANTE JUSTICE on the mind

So last week I may have gone a little crazy. Last week I was seriously considering pulling a Batman or a Punisher and letting loose with a little vigilante justice on someone. Who, you may be asking, has incurred such terrible wrath from me?

Heck if I know, I never met the guy. Never even seen him.

Last week, a friend from high school was telling me about another girl from Butler High, about how her husband has been beating her. Badly. This girl married an older man right after she graduated high school. Actually, I don't know, it could have been while she was a student. I don't know all the facts really. What I remember is she married this guy who was like in his 30's and left his then current girlfriend or wife for this teenager. So they get married and have two children together.

Now, I only really talked to this girl while I was in 10th grade. Never spoke to her afterwards, but I knew who she was. So there's no real reason for me to be interested in how she's doing today. But then my friend tells me that this girl walks into work with pretty bad black eyes and the like...

I don't know her anymore. I don't know the real story behind her marriage. I don't know if it was her husband. I'm hearing all this from second-hand sources.

So, hmmm, what do I know?
1. This guy left his girlfriend/wife for someone else.
2. This guy is at least 10 years older then her.
3. This guy hired her to work for him when she was 14, so he's known her since she was extremely underage.
4. This guy married her close to her high school graduation.
5. This guy very likely hits her often.
6. This guy is pure scum.

I can't describe the rage I felt when hearing the news that this girl has been getting beat up by her husband. Guys like that, guys that take advantage of younger women, manipulate them, make them fall in love with them, already piss me off pretty badly. But to hear that this "man" might be hitting her in the face is lower than low. And something snapped within me.

I started getting curious. I asked for the guy's name. I asked for where he works, the different locations he frequented. For once in my life I was actually considering seeking vengeange for someone. And I don't even know this girl.

My "plan", if you can call it that, sounded great when it came to me. I'd find out where they live. I would scope the place out and wait for the time to strike. I'd wait for a fight. When I see this fight from across the street in my car, I would take a few quick photos for evidence, put on a mask, grab a baseball bat, and barge into the house. When the guy confronts me about coming in- WHAM! I hit him across the face with the bat. Then, when he's down on the ground, confused, surprised, dizzy from the blow, I smash each of his hands, and each of his fingers. As he lays there, crying out in pain, I attach a large note to his chest that says, and here's the kicker, "Now you'll never lay another finger on her again."

To protect myself, I turn the photos in anonymously to the girl's parents and the authorities, and the rest would be history. I told my friend this, the one who told me about the domestic violence, and she encouraged it. She said she hates the husband, as do many other people who know about the beatings. I really, really, wanted to write about this last week, but decided I better not leave any self-incriminating evidence, such as a blog detailing my plan, if the cops ever go a-looking.



But, let's not be rash. Isn't that a crazy thought? To actually entertain the idea of hurting someone like that? But he deserves it, doesn't he? I can't stand the idea of injustices like these going on around me. I hate, HATE so-called "men" who berate women and harm them physically. What kind of lowlife does that sort of thing to his own wife, the mother of his children?

I won't lie. I still sometimes consider doing this. I hope that doesn't make some of you think less of me. But, I think in writing this blog, I am denying myself the opportunity to go through with it. This would be evidence that would hurt me in court.

But why do women put up with this crap? I bet the guy tricks her into thinking she deserves it, that she did something wrong and deserves the punishment. And all it takes is for the guy to do one good deed, no matter how small it might be, like to leave a note saying "I'm sorry. I love you" on the kitchen table in the morning, and it erases all the terrible things he did in the past. Because that one tiny little good will be the brightest spot she's seen when compared to the total darkness she's been living in, and that will make up for all the pain she's been put through. It's that type of brainwashing that makes me pity her. And hate him.

And then I hear about another girl who broke up with her boyfriend recently because he was too nice, TOO NICE, and she expected it to get really bad soon, because it always does for her. And to save herself the pain, bc she really likes this guy, she went ahead and ended it early. What kind of a messed up world are we living in?

Anyway, that had been weighing heavily on me the past few days. So if you hear on the news about some wife-beater ending up in the hospital with a concussion, broken hands and fingers, and a warning note attached to his chest... Please, don't tell anyone about this blog.

--Cbake

P.S. Thanks everyone for the comments. I look forward to hearing what you guys think about this development.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as we are posting replies in the form of quotations:

"Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge."
Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1903)

"Living hell is the best revenge."
Adrienne E. Gusoff

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge."
Scott Adams (1957 - )

Chris, Im with you dawg. Sometimes they just gotta bleed...

-Matt Eagle

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris... if you do decide to go through with it, give me a call. Sounds like this guy needs to learn a lesson, and I'm just the man to teach it to him. This time the blood isn't fake.

Dave

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, that pisses me off too, and sad for me to say the girls that stay around a long time in those relationships piss me off, what the hell are they thinking?!?! Noone's that stupid but on the aspect of him correcting it by a note, altough i'm not talking about physical violence, every girl has atleast one relationship, if not many or all, that involves a guy that they like "beating them down occasionally", either with things they say or how they treat them sometimes, or when they call, but then they do something nice and all the bad is gone, etc.
Girls are just like that sometimes, and although i like to think myself a very strong person (I would never stay with a guy after he hit me once) I've folded into guys before, it's because you like them and you want it to work out and you'll do anything for their attention, nice attention that is, b/c when they're sweet it's good and you hold on to that hoping that it will continue that way
But, if it doesn't repeatedly, that's when most girls know to get out, and some others stay behind and wait around until the jerk breaks up with them.
But that's my two cents, anyways, don't go psycho on this dude, this girl needs to get out, even if you beat him to a pulp she would stay by him even more.

--Vicki

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's not so simple as you'd think. Especially if this guy's older and she married right out of high school it's the whole, you'd leave and then what? So that's when you tell yourself it's not so bad and you talk yourself into staying. It's like the first step is admitting you have a problem. He might hit her but she wouldn't say he abused her. Sometimes it's just easier for the abusee not to do anything about it. Cause then she doesn't have to deal with her parents knowing about it. It's just much as you and other would like to intervene, its the reason spousal abuse isn't always prosecuted and abused spoused return to those who abuse them. It's going to take her realising what he's doing and not you beating the jackass up. Cause then she'll just protect him, treat him like she wishes he treated her. -linz

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know way too much about this one...this guy, he is scum. Words can't even begin to describe the disgust i hold for him. i wish she wasn't so dependent and attached, i wish she would leave him. She could always go back with her parents. i guess it's harder when you have two kids with the guy though, and you're only 21. She doesn't know any different though, he was her first and only love, so she doesn't know that there are guys out there who will treat her better. well if she doesn't get out for her sake, she should get out for her babies...because i'd hate to think he would begin to abuse them also. it's just a very difficult situation. i don't blame you for wanting to get revenge...this guy....he's lower than whale shit.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973), The Lord Of the Rings, Book Four, Chapter One

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home