Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Assorted News and Junk

Hmmmm, what to type, what to say...

Movie News
I am back in Edenton, NC to finish working on "The Dog Days of Summer". We wrapped on "The Ultimate Gift" last week. I got a nifty t-shirt and hat out of the whole affair. And oh yeah, loads of Experience Points too (soon I can upgrade from Prop Apprentice to Prop Master! Firebolt! Firebolt!).

I saw "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and enjoyed the heck out of it. Still, I think I consider the third movie, "Prisoner of Azkaban", to be the best in the series.

Video Game News
The X-Box 360 came out last week, and I saw one at the local Best Buy. My brother proceeded to curse my name once he found out I didn't buy it and quadruple my earnings by selling it on Ebay.

R.I.P. Mr. Miyagi
Pat Morita died.

Thanksgiving X 3
I had three Thanksgivings last week: a pre-dinner with my father, brother, stepmother, and girlfriend wednesday night, a thanksgiving lunch with my girlfriend's family on thursday, and then a thanksgiving dinner with my family that night. It was a ton of food. Needless to say, I'm not fitting into my socks quite like I used to. That's right. I gain weight in my ankles.*

* Chris does not actually gain weight in his ankles.

Run, Forrest, Run
I ran the annual 8K Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day morning with my dad and brother. This year I was able to convince my girlfriend Jennifer to join in on the madness, and she paid it forward by having her father and his friend come along. I hadn't run in months due to my busy schedule revolving around the movie (and boy did I feel it), but I reached my goal of coming in under an hour and of beating an assortment of old ladies and little kids.*

*Chris was actually beaten by a large assortment of old ladies and little kids.

--Cbake

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Chris wants for Christmas: larger socks.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only plus to you leaving for a week.. you're actually going to update this thing! See you soon!

Jennifer

11:34 AM  
Blogger Cbake said...

Actually update this thing? Oh, if only that were true, and if only I got more than 4 hrs of sleep a night, you might see more actual updates instead of Comment replies, which is all I have time to do at the moment.

And Trent- save me some egg nog. But only if that stuff holds for a few days... I'm wary of any drink that has egg as an ingredient, really.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Trent, we've got it easy this year.... all Chris wants is socks and (possibly rotten)eggs.... sweet. Which one do you want to give him?

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home