Saturday, September 10, 2005

And Now It's Back to Reality With You

Oh, how glad I am to be back home,
With Best Buys and bars that stay open late.
Friends and family live nearby,
And there's a special girl that I can date.

Saying bye to the crew was hard.
The child actors left with teary eyes.
I drew them characters from "Dragon Ball Z".
And they loved the drawings- big surprise.

And now I'm home without a job,
But I worked a Charlotte Bobcats ad.
I forgot I have NO INTERNET at all.
And the thought of that makes me really sad.


Yes, reality has sunk in, the reality that I'm back to living at home without a steady job. That said, however, I am SO happy to be back home. I think I had a heart attack last weekend when I stopped in Chapel Hill saturday night after I had left Edenton. It had been so long since I had seen so many people my age.

And so many girls.
And bars.
And bars that stayed open past 10 PM.

I did work a Charlotte Bobcats commercial this week with former UNC players Sean May and Raymond Felton. Sean was pretty stoic and kept to himself. Raymond, however, looked like he was having fun, and he was much more approachable. I went up to him and told him I went to UNC and said thanks for bringing us a championship this past year. He was very appreciative.

Then we went out and partied downtown, picking up girls and staying up all night on the roof of the hottest hotel in town.

Ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Or maybe not.

Anyway, like I said above, it was hard saying bye to the cast and crew. After you've lived and worked with these people every day for a month and a half, they really start to feel like family. And the two kids- man these were some of the coolest kids (outside of my cousins) that I've ever worked with. It was especially difficult working with them on the last day of shooting and knowing you might not ever see them again.

See, it's different when you're with family, because you know you will see those kids in a year or two. But with Colin and Devon, you've got no idea of the next time you'll run into them. And the kids knew it; they did have tears in their eyes as they said their goodbyes. I drew a Vegeta Super Saiyan level 4 for Colin and a Goku Super Saiyan level 4 for Devon. Only true geeks will understand what any of that previous sentence meant.

And they liked the pictures. I had told them for two weeks I was going to make them a drawing, but I was so busy that I didn't get to start until 4 AM on the final day of shooting. I know I could have done better, but the kids loved the pictures and that's what matters most.

Anyway, I'm back home and very thankful to be out of Edenton. I'm so glad to be around old friends and family. And there's a new girl in my life too, who coincidentally, turns out to be an old girl from my life.

Funny how things work out.

--Cbake

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ou didn't tell me. I approve. Lve ya, Mamere

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.... Think anyone knows who I am? Who'd-a thunk it?

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home