Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"This is it- Don't get scared now."

--Home Alone

Movie Production Update #5

Well tomorrow (technically today) is the very first day of shooting, and it feels like all Hell is about to break loose, but the most wondrous kind of Hell we've never imagined. All kinds of problems and setbacks have arisen in the past few days, tempers have flared, people have been getting screwed, and things have looked grim. The schedule keeps changing, which really messes us up in the Art Department because we can't properly plan for things to happen and dress sets because we need to work on models, a flea circus, and a sarcophagus that the previous Production Designer (who was fired/resigned because he was too flakey) failed to complete on time as he had promised on his departure weeks ago.

Sigh.

Anyway, yesterday we had a pickle-eating contest to empty out a bunch of pickle jars I bought to use as set dressings. I'll fill them with bright colored liquids and large spider toys and other oddities to make them look like formaldahyde jars.

Also, the entire crew has showed up, and because the gaffer and a guy I assume is the camera guy has moved in, I have been kicked out of the room upstairs and now reside once again on the couch. Wonderful.

Tonight we had an all-crew meeting at the Acoustic Cafe and Mark gave his pre-shooting inspirational speech and all that. We all sat segregated according to departments: Us in the Art Dept at one table, the camera dept at another, the PAs off to one corner, etc etc.

But I need my sleep; I gotta get up at 7 AM and fix up things on the baseball field. Then I gotta finishing dressing a kid's bedroom, a living room, and then it's time to make models all day.

So I apologize that I can't really be witty about that. The production designer and I just realized we've been working for 19 hrs straight today.

So adios, amigos. See you on the flipside.

--Cbake

I just popped this out in 5 minutes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun doing this art department business. It's so lonely here.
xoxo Allie

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are working hard but it is so exciting. Miss you at dinner on Wed nites, especially since I have to figure out what is going on every week on Lost. Take care of yourself. I know you are loving every minute. Love Mamere

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

were they kosher dill pickles?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Cbake said...

I think so. The jars have since been cleaned and used as set dressings, but we had an assortment of dill slices, bananna peppers, spicy pickles, and dill pickles. Though none of them were the kind of pickles I like and are used to eating at home.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home