Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm a Smashing Machine

--Movie Production Update #2

Today was more manual labor. I took all the wooden planks that I smashed off the palletes yesterday and resmashed the sections where they had been nailed to make them flatter. Then I arranged them like jigsaw puzzle pieces on a big sheet of backboard to make it look like it was made of mismatched pieces of differing lengths. Then I take another piece of backboard, slather it in carpet glue, and arrange the pieces as I did before.

I might also add that today was technically my one day off during the whole week. So I moved at my own pace.

Rob the DP (Director of Photography, aka the cinematographer) cooked us dinner. Right now I'm sitting on the front porch in my pajama bottoms, listening to Rob and Jeff (the art director) jam out on their respective mandolin and guitar. They're working on an original song to incorporate into the movie, and it sounds great.

It's a good feeling to just sit out there in the cool breeze, drinking a beer, listening to good music with good people. And it's an even better feeling to know that today was a very productive day.

The shanty set should be finished completely in the next two days. After that we'll begin working on a small model of the entire town, which should be less sweaty work.

Hopefully anyway.

Damn this humidity.

By the way, I ate at a Burger King today and felt like everyone was staring at me. Must be the hair. I am the strange stranger to them. "Weird Hollywood freak" I'm sure they're saying.
--Cbake

6 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

LOL. I like your blog. You're an excellent writter. Better than me, anyway!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone WAS staring at your good looks and then that hair????? What's up with that?
There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them. Sylvia Plath (1932 - 1963), The Bell Jar, 1963
Lizbeth

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Chris!!! It's your favorite cousin at Da Zoo saying that we miss you on Thursdays and that I saw a trailer for Domino today. Anyway, I just hope the humidity doesn't give you a heat stroke.
xoxo Allie

11:01 AM  
Blogger Cbake said...

Thanks Geoff, I appreciate it!

Liz- going by Lizbeth now? How's crazy life in crazy LA?

Allie! Great to hear from you. I've thought of calling you guys, but I work until midnight usually, so the only time to call would be when I wake up, but the office people are usually using the phone to secure shooting locations and stuff, so I wouldn't have time to have a nice conversation with any of you.

And where did you see the Domino preview? You know the real Domino died a few weeks ago, but it looks like that's not going to affect the release date.
--Cbake

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz is not Lizbeth, and I don't know how Liz is doing in L.A. Though I would be interested to know too.
Lizbeth

12:23 PM  
Blogger Cbake said...

Sorry Lizbeth, I must apologize. Your comments sounded very similar to how Liz in LA would respond (and I hope she's doing well).

So then the new question is, are you someone I know, or someone who happened to find my blog and liked it enough to keep reading and start commenting (please be the latter)?

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home