Friday, December 16, 2005

"All I want for Christmas..."

Crimony. It's December 16th, and I still haven't come up with a Christmas list yet. And oh yeah, I turn 24 on wednesday too. Eeeiiiyaaahhhhhuhhhuhuhu (disgusted Sideshow Bob sound). One year closer to 30, that's all it is anymore.

But to stay on topic, it's getting dangerously close to gift-receiving season for me, and without some sort of... numbered column of things that I... desire, like some kind of... list of wishes... how on earth will anyone know what to get me?

Never fear, The-Baker's-Dozen-Blog-Column-of-Things-I-Want is here! Jeez, there's gotta be a more economical title for this thing.

IPODS
1. 60 gig Video IPod. Why not?

DVDs
For starters, how about every DVD of mine that went missing last year?
1. The Usual Suspects
2. Leon: The Professional
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Sleepy Hollow
5. The Big Lebowski
6. Fist of Legend
7. Meet the Feebles
8. The Green Mile
9. Magnolia
10. Scream Trilogy Box Set
11. Toy Story: Ultimate Toy Box set
12. Akira Kurosawa collection: Seven Samurai, The Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro
13. Rashomon
14. E.T.
15. Conan the Barbarian
16. Dogma
17. ...
18. ...

... Well, I'm sure there were more, but that's all I can recall off the top of my head.

Ok ok, let's stop dwelling on the past and focus on the future. As for newer DVDs, the list is as follows:

1. The Simpsons Season 7 box set
2. Sin City: Extended and Uncut
3. ...
4. ... Uhhh, crap. This is much harder to do this year without having the internet for research. And don't anyone point out the irony that I, in fact, have to be on the internet to even compose this post bemoaning my lack of access to it.

MUSIC CDs

Soundtracks (original scores)
1. King Kong by James Newton Howard
2. The Village by James Newton Howard
3. The Corpse Bride by Danny Elfman
4. ... I know there's more.

Musicians
1. AIR- Walkie Talkie
2. AIR- that other one with the other title...
3. Someone else that's cool

MISCELLANEOUS
1. Cool books
2. or gift certificates for cool books
3. art supplies to I can get back into being artistic
- charcoal for drawings
- water colors and maybe a book on how to get better with them
4. an Apple Ibook laptop? Maybe I should wait until the new year when they start making them with Intel Inside...

*This is the all powerful DAD, Cbake had to leave and I had to figure out how to format his list and add to the blog...who says you can't teach old geezers a new trick?

Cbake will return soon....good night son!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's better that Meet the Feebles went missing.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CBAKE!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home