Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. I'm now 24. One year closer to 30. Almost a quarter of my life has passed by, and that's assuming I live to be 100. No need to get depressed, though. I plan on living forever! Forever... forever... forever... forever... forever... forever...

I'm getting a tiny bit sick, so I spent most of my birthday lying on the couch watching an X-Files marathon on the SciFi Channel. It was glorious. For dinner I went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse with my mother, brother Nick, and girlfriend Jennifer. I went home fat and happy and quite close to bursting too. Thank god the waiter didn't offer me a waifer-thin after-dinner mint.

I made out very well in the birthday present department. So well, in fact, that I almost felt guilty because I had received everything I asked for.

Jennifer got me an excellent 5 megapixel digital camera from Kodak (my first digital camera, and it's an awesome one).

My mom got me some charcoal pencils and a pad of paper for charcoal drawings. Now I can pretend to be artistic again.

She also got me The Simpsons Season 7 DVD collection, as well as a used copy of The Ultimate Toy Box (containing Toy Story 1 and 2, and a 3rd bonus disc). My copy went missing a year ago, and this collection has been out of print for a long time. Very impressed and thankful she was able to find a copy

My brother, Nick, gave me five CDs full of his entire music collection, straight from his computer, as well as a CD of family videos he had taken with his digital camera over the years.

...Which leads to...

...The gift from my father, mother, and step-mom Paisley. They all chipped in and got me the 60 gig black IPod Video. Can you believe it? My mom was adament that I open it up (so she could see what an IPod looked like, she claimed), and when I opened the package, which was factory sealed, I was surprised to see the proective sticker on the IPod's screen had the sentence, printed in three different languages, "Don't Steal Music".

I then turned the IPod over, and underneath the protective seal on the back I was even more surprised to find an engraving. I looked closer and saw it had the words "Happy Birthday Christopher. December 21, 2005" cut into the IPod's metal backing.

I was amazed. It was the last thing I expected since the package was factory sealed. Nick said it was laser-cut and made some reference to the website, alluding to a special holiday deal perhaps. Either way, it was a great joy to find, and now my IPod matches my watch, which was my 18th birthday present, also with an engraving on the clasp (12-21-99, Love Mom & Dad).

So now I'm giddy and have a new IPod to play with. This will help on those long trips in which I always bring close to 20 DVDs with me. Now I can just upload them onto my IPod and plug them into any tv with an AV outlet (my present also came with the IPod Universal Dock and special AV cables).

In the end, even though I'm one year older (And booooy does 24 sound *old*. No offense to you 25'ers out there), I'm very thankful for my family and friends. And a special thank you goes out to all 15 or 16 of you that sent me Happy Birthday wishes on Facebook. Thanks for showing that you care!

--Cbake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home