Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LOST... and Not-Gonna-Be-Found

... At least not this week.

Tomorrow night the brand spanking-new season of one of television's best shows (and my personal favorite), LOST, premieres at 9 PM EST. I absolutely can not WAIT. The writers' strike may mean we get only 8 episodes instead of the planned 16, but as the good book says, "8 episodes of LOST is better than ZERO episodes of LOST." Seriously, look it up. Its somewhere in the back, I think.

I've spent the past few months pouring over any article about the show that I could find, watching and re-watching the epic two minute trailer for Season 4 that premiered on TV back in December, and discussing the show (Season 3 in particular) with anyone willing to devote at least two hours time to the lengthy conversation needed to cover all the mysteries, revelations, and twists the show brought us last season.

In other words, I am *pumped*.

Last season I watched DVR'd episodes in HD at my dad's house, and we planned to have a large LOST viewing party at his house tomorrow night. In attendance were to be:

My father
His girlfriend, Karen (another LOST junkie)
My girlfriend, Jennifer
My friend, Doug (whom I hooked on LOST through my DVD sets last year- he just finished Season 3 two weeks ago)
Our friend Adam and his girlfriend Chris (they too have only watched LOST through DVD sets and finished it a few weeks ago)

It was gonna be a rockin' good time. Then came the bombshell yesterday from the production coordinator for a show I work on: My production trip this weekend started earlier than planned, and now instead of flying out friday morning, I'd be leaving THURSDAY NIGHT.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *cue overly dramatic music*!!! Oh, cruel world, what I did I do to deserve such a crushing fate?

In the immortal words of Eric Cartman as the Awesome-o 2000: "LAME".

I'm disappointed, devastated, depressed. Destroyed? Nah, too dark.

Party's cancelled. I won't even get into the hotel in time to watch the episode tomorrow night. Thank God for making DVR, though. Seriously, *whew*. I'm going to be out of town the next THREE thursday nights, which means I won't be watching my LOST episodes until the weekend. DVR, you are my saving grace.

So any of you guys planning to spoil what happens tomorrow night can just go ahead and CAN it. But enjoy it. Discuss it, debate it. Just don't do it with me (until prompted otherwise).

--Cbake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home