Thursday, December 14, 2006

All I want for Christmas... and my Birthday

Wow. Totally forgot about my birthday coming up one week from today. It sort of slipped my mind with all the work I've been doing, and in thinking of what to buy others for Christmahannakwaanzakkah, I forgot to think of what I myself wanted for the Christmabirthday combo.

Or maybe I just don't want to think about the fact that I'm going to turn 25. Time for the quarter-life crisis freak-out.

But for those of you who are wondering what kinds of gifts are up my alley, here's a partial list of goodies I'd like to play with.


THINGS I WANT BUT WILL PROBABLY BUY MYSELF

1. A Mac computer with Final Cut editing software
2. Nintendo Wii
3. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game for the Wii


VIDEO GAMES

1. Yoshi's Island DS (for Nintendo DS)


DVDs


1. The Green Mile: 2-Disc Special Edition (to replace the one that was stolen)
2. Cars (because its the first Pixar film I never saw in the theater)
3. Little Miss Sunshine
4. Come on, you know me, I'd be happy with any DVD. They're like extreme catnip for me.


ACTION FIGURES

1. any character from the show LOST, particularly John Locke


IPOD ACCESSORIES

1. something that will let me clip my iPod to my shorts or arm or wherever- just so I can run and workout without having to carry it in my hand anymore


BOOKS

1. World War Z by Max Brooks (collection of memoirs from survivors of the great zombie outbreak of the future)
2. The Last Christmas (graphic novel about Santa trying to find the last living girl in a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombies and mutants)


MUSIC

1. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Complete Recordings
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - The Complete Recordings
3. Mario and Zelda Big Band Live CD - Amazon
4. Old Boy (soundtrack) by Yeong-wook Jo
5. Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest score by Hans Zimmer


Well that's just a quick list I pulled from the ether. I can't think of anything else at the moment, though I know lots exist; my brain has been a useless pile of mush lately. This list may be updated as I find more things I'd like in the course of buying presents for others. And of course, don't use this list as the end-all be-all of what you should shop for me. If you find something that you think I'll like, chances are I will.

--Cbake

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quarter life crisis.. hah.
Your birthday always reminds me that mine comes up in a few months. 15 here I come!!!
Love your choice of giftpicks. Little Miss Sunshine is the shizz and my fave film of 06, LOST action figures...wow, Love the wii and the mac. I recommend the macbook pro, it is so choice.


xoxo Allie (ps: thaks for seeing my concert!!)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Cbake said...

"It is so choice." -- Hahaha, who are you, Ferris Bueller?

And yeah, it was a good concert! I'm sorry I didn't see you afterwards.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand most of the presents you want. What is wi? I suppose money will have to do and I owe you $75 for catering on fri. Thanks Mamere

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home