Friday, February 01, 2008

Thomas St. Tavern Makes News in USA Today Article

Hey everybody, just a quick blip about one of my favorite neighborhood bar/restaurants, Thomas St. Tavern, conveniently located down the street from where I live. Apparently, in preparation for the Super Bowl this Sunday, USA Today featured an article in their weekend edition titled "10 great places to drink in the Super Bowl action" (dunno why they lowercase article headlines).

Listing sports bars in Boston, New York, West Hollywood, Seattle, Chicago, and others, Thomas Street Tavern pops up as number 3 on their list (no note on whether it was in random order or not). They say:


"THOMAS STREET TAVERN, Charlotte

"Open 365 days a year, this popular family-owned, neighborhood tavern features an outdoor patio in front and a beer garden in back. 'Both are pet-friendly, so you can bring your pooch and still check out the game,' Steel says (Tanya Steel, editor in chief of epicurious.com, who helped compile the list). 'The menu tends toward the natural and organic, with most ingredients bought from local farmers markets and bakeries. There are 60 different bottled beers to complement the excellent cuisine.'
(704)-376-1622
thomas-street-tavern.com"

Pretty cool that my neighborhood bar made a national publication like USA Today! When I'm in Pennsylvania for work (like I am right now), its nice to see little remembrances of home in the media (better than previous stories on CNN like "Teenager shot at local high school in Charlotte" or today's "Plane crash in Mt. Airy").

I'm sure I'll find this article framed and hanging on their wall someday soon. And I realize I probably sound like a poster child for T-Street, with all this free advertising I'm giving them. So I only have one response to that: I Welcome Free Beer.

--Cbake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home