Thursday, March 24, 2005

"Tune in next week, same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel..."

Well folks, I've decided tonight to drive down to Florida. That is, I made the decision to go to Florida today, not that I'm driving down tonight. And it's not like it was a rash, spur of the moment type decision so much as it was a last second of the day kind. Comprende?

My mother and grandmother want to go down and use the condo in Pompano Beach (town right before you hit Ft. Lauderdale and thereafter Miami) that once belonged to my great-grandfather (he passed away a few years ago). They wanted me to drive. I had reservations about going because:

A. My friend from N.C. State was coming into town
B. My cousin who lives in Maryland was coming into town
C. Going to Florida when I'm still unemployed just doesn't sit right with me
D. Going to Florida for five days with just my mother and grandmother might not sit right with me either.

Don't get me wrong, I love them both, but five days alone with them might be trying. And it's Florida. You want to go there with friends and have crazy times on the beach, in the bars. Going with my mom and grandmother means I'll be alone on the beach, alone in the bars. Time with them will most likely be spent at the condo's pool.

BUT, as I've said, that's okay. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't go. But I can deal, I can adapt, I can still have fun.

So there won't be any new blog posts until my return Monday night, and I might need time to recuperate from my 12- hour drive, so don't expect any updates until the middle of next week. But what can you look forward to in my absence?

Here's a look at BLOG FUTURE!

"My Dog, the Killer!"
"Interesting Florida Stories Should They Occur!"
"Adventures in Babysitting! Tales that were promised weeks ago!"
"Thoughts on Skipping Town!"
"Dog Treat Taste Test!"
"Why 'My Sweet Sixteen' Show Sucks @$$!"
"Nothing on Terry Shiavo!"

And expect the beard to disappear.

--Cbake

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gave 4 reasons why not to go to florida. there must be 5 reasons why you did decide to go, or you wouldn't have gone, because mathmatically it makes sense, and everyone does the "pro v. con" way for making decisions. please answer as i will not rest until my curiosity is satisfied.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. may i have a small hair sample from your beard as a token of my affection for it? i am kind of frightened to see the bare you. it seems so revealing. so exposing. so raw. trent is scared too, i can sense it from his comments. dear trent- do not fear! he can always grow a softer, shinier, new and improved beard if chin baldness doesn't suit him. i am certain his only reason for going to florida is directly related to the pale skin that will blind everyone unless he gets some light and sea air to it quick!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, I've been waiting patiently for the "Interesting Florida Stories" as traveling with two closely-related females cannot be uneventful.
P.S. You may want to market your beardlocks; it might enable you to stay out of work a bit longer....

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, I've been waiting patiently for the "Interesting Florida Stories" as traveling with two closely-related females cannot be uneventful.
P.S. You may want to market your beardlocks; it might enable you to stay out of work a bit longer....

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home