Friday, April 08, 2005

"Buh buh buh BOOOOORED"*

--SeaLab 2021 (to the tune of Beethoven's 5th Symphony)


I'm bored.

Really bored. Too bored to even write a post tonight. Pathetic.

I need to write more blogs.

I need to get more sleep.

I need a job.

I need to shave.

I need a haircut.

I need more money.

I need more motivation.

I need more education.

I need a girlfriend.

Maybe I don't need a girlfriend...

I need to write a script.

I need to finish my childrens' book.

I need to illustrate my childrens' book.

I need to write a new childrens' book.

I need to go running.

I need to get my brother something for his 21st birthday.

I need to cash some checks.

I need some food in the house.

I need to stop my dog from killing possums.

I need to eat.

I need more toilet paper.

I need to work on my Flash animation skills.

I need to work on my Adobe Photoshop skills.

I need to finish playing Spider-Man 2 on the Gamecube.

(So I can perfect my web-slinging and crime-fighting skills).

I need to practice my nunchuku skills.

I need to watch my Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended Edition DVD.

I need to spend more time in the bookstore.

I need not look up Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith spoilers while at said bookstore.

I need to make a movie.

I need to repay my dad.

I need to clean this house.

I need to find the jeweled treasures.

I need to stop now.

--Cbake


*a repost from last night after blogger crashed

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Lou Holtz

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always do what we MOST WANT to do, whether or not we like what we are doing at each instant of our lives. Wanting and liking many times are not the same thing. Many people have done what they say they didn't want to do at a particular moment. And that may be true until one looks deeper into the motivation behind the doing. What they are really saying is the price they will have to pay or the consequences they will have to endure, for not doing that something may be too high or onerous for them not to do it. Sidney Madwed

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The motivation for all personal behavior is to produce a sense of "FEEL GOOD," a sense of inner peace and well being. To expect a person to go against his desire to feel good or as good as he can feel under any momentary condition is illogical and irrational. In the observation of human behavior, one will notice every human act is a response to a personal need. This is true whether one signs a million dollar contract, scratches one's nose, rolls over in bed, or just day dreams his life away. People will do things which seem contrary to this concept, but the bottom line is they perceive some kind of payoff which will make them feel good. And the payoff is almost always emotional. When you ask people why they want to be financially independent, they might say that they could buy things without having to worry about where the money will come from. And when they worry, they don't FEEL GOOD.
Sidney Madwed

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boredom is a sign of satisfied ignorance, blunted apprehension, crass sympathies, dull understanding, feeble powers of attention, and irreclaimable weakness of character.
James Bridie

Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way...you become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self respect springs.
Joan Didion (1934 - ), "Slouching Towards Bethlehem"

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.
Sam Ewing

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the deal with all you "anonymous" people leaving cbake inspirational comments. Do you really think he's gonna pay any mind to them?? You oughta identify yourself and tell him to get up off of his lazy butt and actually do something!! Yeah, I said it. I didn't stutter either.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mike D said...

It seems to me that these folks don't really read this blog because if they did they would quote a source you can realte to. What they are trying to say is :

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

QUIT YOUR MOOOAAANING AND WHIIINNNING. STOP IT THIS INSTANT.
ditto nick g.
aunt linda

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to bring me some ROCKS!!!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try replacing the word "Need" with "Want" and your list will shrink.

What do you WANT to do?

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home