Monday, April 04, 2005

"I wish you weren't such a liar."

--Will Ferrell

So my last post was an April Fool's Day joke, but unfortunately one of the worst kind: The kind that made me step back, take a look at it, and say "Damn, I wish that *were* true."

I didn't want to fool anyone into thinking I had gotten a job, nor did I want anyone to believe anything bad had happened, so I thought I'd put together a post of mediocre quality (ironic considering people would think it was a "good" script) and add some stories at the end that would start out somewhat believable (the Star Wars rumor) and grow to end with something that's obviously false (my goatee is made of yak-hair).

But it backfired and some people thought it was true, and they congratulated me and send good thoughts and vibes my way. And then I feel like I let myself down, because only if I HAD completed a script (which I had planned to do) and sent it to Scott Free would I have accomplished something worthwhile these past six months. I have started on a script- that was true- but I haven't gotten very far.

Sigh.

Anyway, I will get to the Florida post soon, but I've been busy and away from home the past few days. And tomorrow I'm headed back up to the Hill for the NCAA Championship game, which my beloved Heels will hopefully win. So send good thoughts their way.

Stay tuned.

--Cbake

And GO HEELS!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean "you didn't want to fool anyone" ??
you fooled aunt linda. big time. fell for it like a fool.
so, to redeam yourself, and your foolish ways, you are required to complete the script by june 1st. get busy. and i mean it, or else...

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean "you didn't want to fool anyone" ??
you fooled aunt linda. big time. fell for it like a fool.
so, to redeam yourself, and your foolish ways, you are required to complete the script by june 1st. get busy. and i mean it, or else...

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.
Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home