Monday, April 18, 2005

"By the Beard of Zeus!

--Anchorman

I was stumbling through the internet yesterday and came across this advertisement for that chick-flick I've yet to be forced to watch, "The Notebook".



Notice anything strange about it? Nothing? Hmm? No strange colors, no missing hair? Well I did. Perhaps this second photo, an actual still from the movie, will help change your perception.



Now do you see! What the makers of the movie have done for the above poster is airbrush out the man's beard! The source of his power! Are the producers afraid of promoting beard-love? Fearful of frightening away young girls who flee at the sight of facial hair on a romantic lead? Do they think fuzzy faces won't fetch an audience for the film? BULLOCKS! It's hatred for the hair!

I for one am tired of the Anti-Beard Bias that exists in Hollywood today! This agression will not stand, man! As you can see from the photo below, there is nothing frightening at all about beards! Look how lovable I am!*



*Not responsible for the nightmares this photo may cause in readers.

--Cbake

2 Comments:

Blogger Cbake said...

Yes. I made a strange face. Really strange.

Or maybe I just cut fiber out of my diet for two weeks straight.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wise words from an old man: "always keep your mind full and your bowels empty!"
i think the poet who quoted it from the old man was leo buscalia. great poetry of my time.
love, auntie

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home