Tuesday, April 19, 2005

"Jesus, Allah, Buddha, I love you ALL!"

--Homer Simpson

I got a job.

No April Fools, no tricksies, no psych-outs. I got a job. Granted, it's only a temporary, four-day job, but its a job nontheless.

You see, my big ultimate plan for moving back to Charlotte was as follows: I would come back to Charlotte. I would apply to be a production assistant (PA) to the many production companies that shoot commercials in the area. I would get paid between $175-$200 a day for my work. I would work for about two to three weeks. I would have enough money to move back to LA. I move back to LA.

Seems like a pretty simple forumla, huh? Well, *that* plan went to Hell once I realized no production companies around here were going to call me. I guess its like Hollywood here too- it all depends on who you know.

I was close to giving up, but I just sent out two more resumes this week, one to a news station for an editor position, another to a production office in SC for a PA position on a movie that's set to start shooting in May.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from a friend at UNC who was down in Wilmington working on a production. She said some PA jobs were offered to her in Charlotte, but she couldn't take them due to the Wilmington job, so she referred *my *name to those people in charge. I got a call from one such person this morning. She asked if I had a valid driver's license (yes), knew Charlotte pretty well (yes), been a PA before (no), worked on films before (yes), had a rate going (no), would $175 a day be okay (yes), and if I worked more than 16 hrs it counts as a double day (woohoo!).

So she signed me up for next monday to thursday to be a PA. On what production? I don't know. For which company? I don't know. She said she will email me and call me tomorrow with more information.

Hahahahah, take that you Doubting Thomases! In your face, World!

It's early yet, but today was a good day. Now I feel like I can breathe a nice, long sigh of relief. Siiiiiiiigh. Reliiiiiiief.

--Cbake

P.S. One month until Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith comes out! Geeks unite!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Cbake! I knew it was only a matter of time before this whole stalemate broke :) Can't wait to have you back out here in LA!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we get some parts in the movie? we're real cute and act well too.
xoxo allie, and her mamma

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Does this mean you will shower, shave and get a haircut?! L

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home